The BRC will become a leading problem solving hub for growth stage of entities banking on scientific research and expertise..
The BRC is to engage in interdisciplinary research and outreach that:
- Develop and promote research that will help bring about scientific, technological and economical progress
- Transfer the results of scientific research to public and private institution
- Leads SMEs growth, efficiency and sustainability knowledge generation via transformational, need-driven research.
- Undertakes collaborative research to inform policy makers, businesses, managers and practitioners in all relevant sectors to enhance the quality of their decision processes and actions by adhering to the highest ethical standards and professional best practices.
- Train researchers and experts by means of highly specialised courses
- Provides information which enhances the functioning of the SMEs ecosystem and ultimately lead to improved SMEs performance.
- Builds SMEs research capacity, strengthening capacity for the generation, dissemination of research knowledge among researchers, policy-makers and other stakeholders.
- Establishes research partnerships with public policy makers, businesses, researchers, and non-for-profit agencies locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Encourages and facilitate collaborative research and industry initiatives throughout the region, and the development and dissemination of new knowledge and sharing of information through the organization and sponsorship of collaborative workshops, conferences, and planning exercises.
- Promote scientific research culture in society
- Collaborate with other national and international
- Collaborate with universities in scientific research and technological development activities and in postgraduate education.
- Conduct studies and research on topics relevant to the national economic vision 2030, Gulf region and on other relevant international concerns
- Provide community services through scientific activities and the convening of symposia, lectures and conferences on topics related to the research agenda of the consortium.
The main goals of the BRC are:
- To invest in world-class research excellence
- To achieve organizational excellence, foster ethics and demonstrate impact
- Accelerate the capture of economic benefits of SMEs to the overall/kingdom’s economy
The objectives of the BRC are:.
- To strengthen the relationship between academia and market
- To address SMEs research priorities.
- To endorse, coach, advise and mentor for aspiring entrepreneurs